Welcome to the Questrade Privacy Center, which provides privacy related information for Questrade, Inc., Questrade Wealth Management Inc. and Community Trust Company, the wholly owned subsidiaries of Questrade Financial Group Inc. (collectively “The Questrade Group”).
The Questrade Privacy Center has been developed to help you understand how we protect, use and share the personal information you provide to us.
The Questrade Group has a dedicated global privacy program that protects the personal information that we collect and helps ensure that personal information is handled in accordance with Canadian laws and industry standards.
Earning and maintaining trust is at the core of what we do. We are committed to transparency in our privacy practices and we want you to interact with us in confidence. We invest significant resources to protect your personal information, and are always guided by our privacy values. In particular, we endeavor to treat all our customers equally by ensuring that our customers can access their personal information and withdraw consent to collect personal information at any time.
Additionally, we pledge to
- not sell your personal information to anyone;
- ensure that the personal information we collect from you will primarily be used for the purposes of providing our services and improving those services;
- limit the collection and storage of your personal information to what is relevant and necessary to provide you our services;
- process your personal information in a manner using appropriate security and confidentiality measures.
The information you share with us allows us to provide you with the best customer experience when using our products and services.
Information sharing provides a range of benefits to our customers, including innovating and enhancing our product suite and services. For example, we will share your information within The Questrade Group to understand your financial needs and to deliver financial products and services that best meet them.
The personal information shared depends on the types of products and services that you use when dealing with a member of The Questrade Group. As an example, it may include your name, address, phone number, email address, and information about your investments and investment experience.
Generally, we may share your personal information where we identify an opportunity for one member to provide useful services to clients of another member of The Questrade Group. We may also share information upon your initiative, such as upon opening an account with more than one member of The Questrade Group. In this case, we will pre-populate your information to make account opening easier and faster.
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. Your controls and choices may include:
- correcting, updating and deleting your personal information through your accounts with The Questrade Group;
- choosing whether to receive information about our products and services that we may believe is of interest to you;
- choosing whether we share your personal information with third parties so that they can send you information about their products and services;
- requesting access to the personal information we hold about you and that we change or update it.
The security, integrity, and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We use physical, technical, organizational, and administrative safeguards to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access or loss here We use a layered security approach, including the latest online and networking security technology, such as firewalls and encryption. We regularly review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
For more information about The Questrade Group’s privacy practices, please contact email@example.com.