Updated: February 24, 2021
Questrade, Inc., Questrade Wealth Management Inc., QuestEnterprise Inc. and Community Trust Company Inc. are wholly owned subsidiaries of Questrade Financial Group Inc. (collectively referred to as the “Questrade Group”). The Questrade Group provides deposit, investment, loan, securities, mortgages and other financial products or services.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define personal information as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person (“Personal Information”).
Your Information is Secure
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us. We use physical, technical, and administrative measures to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The Questrade Group uses various security controls at different levels, which include the latest online and networking security technology to ensure that your interaction with the Questrade Group is safe and secure. Some of our security features include:
- Firewalls are designed to securely separate the Internet from our internal computer systems and databases.
- Data coming from customer computers passes through a series of safety checkpoints before being accepted to our internal system; as such, only authorized activity can enter our system.
- Encryption is a means of scrambling information for transmission, in this case, between your personal computer and the Questrade Group’s network. Information that is encrypted at one end is decrypted (decoded) upon receipt at the other. The Questrade Group uses 128-bit encryption to ensure that your data is transmitted securely.
- To protect your computer and your account information, we use digital certificates (2048-bit certificates) to ensure that you are communicating directly with the Questrade Group. When you login to your account, your browser challenges the Questrade Group website to prove its identity using digital certificates. Your browser can verify the certificate and will alert you if the website is not the Questrade Group.
Information We Collect
We collect and use several types of information from and about you to better provide services to you. These include:
- Personal Information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, KYC related information such as income, assets, liabilities, source of funds, government issued identification, credit card information, social insurance number (when consent is obtained), Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, user name or other similar identifier, and any other Personal Information as well as any other identifier that you provide to us, as well as details of transactions you carry out through us. We may also use third party or publicly available information, such as credit reporting agencies or other financial institutions. As part of our services, we may need to perform a credit check through an accredited service bureau.
- In addition to the above, additional information we may collect includes references, as well as your financial and employment records. This personal information may be collected from sources outside our organization including, government agencies and registries, law enforcement authorities, public records, credit reporting agencies, other financial institutions and other agents or organizations with whom you have arrangements or any other source we deem appropriate.
- This information is collected so that the Questrade Group can improve the user experience by innovating and enhancing our product suite and services.
- Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website, and usage details as well as non-personal details about your online interactions, including the Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, email response and interactions, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Call Recording, we may record telephone calls made or received by our agents and employees for quality assurance and security purposes. If you do not want your call to be recorded, please promptly notify the agent on the call. We keep recordings of calls only for as long as permitted by law.
We do not:
- Sell information to third parties; and
- Publish Personal Information with the intended purpose of charging individuals for its removal.
- Collect, use, or share information that is otherwise unlawful;
- Profile or categorize clients in a way that leads to unfair, unethical, or discriminatory treatment contrary to human rights law;
- Collect, use, or share information for purposes that are known or likely to cause significant harm to the individual;
Our services use the following categories of cookies:
- Customer-related cookies: cookies are also used to personalize your customer experience. If you have registered a user ID on the website, there are encrypted cookies cached when you are within our website that allow us to recognize that you are a returning customer vs. non-customer (but that do not record any of your Personal Information). Those encrypted cookies help us understand if you are logged in, your current and past use of our website, cross device behaviour and may allow us to personalize your customer experience or deliver products and personalized services. This personalization may occur even after you have logged out. These cookies are encrypted through a unique identification number and cannot be used to personally identify you.
How to opt out of cookies Learn more
In order to provide you with the best products and services, we may need to share your Personal Information with other parties who are under an obligation to protect the confidentiality of that information. The shared information will be limited to such information which is necessary to facilitate the arrangement.
- We may use other companies, including related and affiliated companies, to provide services on our behalf such as data processing, account administration or affiliate marketing. Such companies will be given only the Personal Information required to perform those services. In some cases these companies may be located outside of Canada and may be required to share information to law enforcement and national security authorities in that country
- We may share or report personal and trading information of any account holder who has been referred to the Questrade Group as part of Questrade’s affiliate program. Information that may be shared includes (1) when you opened an account and (2) the number of transactions made in your account. For more information on our affiliate program, please visit https://www.questrade.com/affiliates/overview . If you become a client as a result of being referred to Questrade through a third party, you should be aware that Questrade may pay the third party a referral fee. Please visit http://www.questrade.com/about-us/programs-promotions for details of referred fees paid through Questrade’s refer a friend program and https://www.questrade.com/affiliates/overview for details of referral fees paid through Questrade’s affiliate program.
- Certain regulators may require access to Personal Information of current and former clients, employees, agents, directors, officers, partners and others that has been collected or used by regulated persons. Some of your Personal Information, including your Social Insurance Number (SIN), may be shared with third parties for income tax reporting purposes, as required by law. In addition, the Questrade Group is required by law to verify the identity of all clients, account beneficiaries, and trading authorization holders. The Questrade Group may also request (with your consent) your SIN to verify your identity through an established credit reporting agency. This will apply for all accounts, with the exception of registered accounts (i.e., RSP, RESP), which do not require the use of a SIN for identity verification. However, if we do request that you provide us with your SIN for a reason other than for income tax reporting, providing us with your SIN is optional and you can refuse our request for this information.
- We collect, use and may disclose your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to third parties for income tax reporting purposes, as required by law. In addition, Questrade is required by law to verify the identity of all clients, account beneficiaries, and trading authorization holders. In order to fulfill this obligation, Questrade may request your SIN to verify your identity through an established credit reporting agency. This will apply for margin and cash accounts, but registered accounts (i.e., RSP, RESP) do not require the use of a SIN for identity verification. However, if we do request that you provide us with your SIN for a reason other than for income tax reporting, providing us with your SIN is optional and you can refuse our request for this information.
- With your consent, we may also use your Social Insurance Number (SIN) as a unique identifier, in situation(s) where it is necessary to keep your personal information separate from that of other customers or individuals with similar names, for internal matching of your personal records against records received from authorized third parties, and to help maintain the accuracy of your personal information.
You have the right to access your Personal Information online directly through your Questrade Group account. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date. If you identify any inaccuracy in your Personal Information, or you need to make a change to that information, please contact us immediately so that we may promptly update our records.
Storing your personal information
We may transfer the Personal Information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, related/affiliated companies, and other third parties we use to support our business such as analytics and digital media partners that assist us with website improvement and optimization and who are contractually obligated to keep Personal Information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the Personal Information with the same standards set out in this policy. Personal Information may be stored outside of Canada. By submitting Personal Information or engaging with us, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you.
By providing your contact information, you give us authority to contact you by direct or electronic channels such as email, mail, phone, sms, push-notifications, or pre-recorded voice messages about:
- Our products
- Our services and/or
- Our promotions, and/or
- Information about the products of services of our partners and our affiliates.
To no longer receive email communications, click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our emails and follow the prompts on your screen. Some emails may not include a ‘unsubscribe’ link because the email contains account-related information that the Questrade Group clients must receive.
- If you receive an email in error after you have unsubscribed, please forward it to email@example.com and your request will be processed immediately.
- You can change, update and opt-out of mobile alerts (for example, order, custom or smart alerts), through the User Preference pages in IQ Edge or IQ Web Trading.
- If the issue persists, please forward any future emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: a non-Questrade Group client can withdraw consent from all communications at any time. Questrade Group clients cannot unsubscribe from receiving communications that we are obligated to provide such as account-related information. All clients can unsubscribe from promotional communications at any time.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
If you store your financial or authentication information (such as investment account numbers and login information) with online or web-enabled personal finance sites or data aggregators, your security may be at a greater risk.
PRIVACY QUESTIONS, CONCERNS OR COMPLAINTS
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or privacy and confidentiality matters, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
5700 Yonge Street, Unit G1 – Ground Floor
Toronto, ON M2M 4K2 Canada
Toll free: 1.888.783.7866
If, after contacting Questrade, you feel your concerns have not been adequately addressed, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at:
30 Victoria Street