1. Pilot Program
You acknowledge and agree that:
- This service is still in development;
- This service may not operate properly, be in final form or fully functional;
- This service may contain errors, design flaws or other problems; and
- We are under no obligation to update or continue to develop these services.
2. The Service
Chatbot is a service that’s provided by a third party vendor and is integrated into the Questrade website to respond to certain informational questions you ask us. Chatbot can assist users in answering general inquiries about Questrade’s products and services. It is important to note that any information you submit through the Chatbot, including information that could be sensitive or confidential, will be accessible to the third party vendor and then disclosed to Questrade. Note that our third party vendor may access, use, disclose or store any information submitted through Chatbot outside of Canada in countries including the United States.
The information provided by Chatbot is intended for informational purposes only and shouldn’t be considered as financial advice or a financial plan. You understand and agree that:
- Chatbot has a limited capacity to answer questions and may not be able to provide you with the information you seek;
- Responses from Chatbot are general in nature, and are provided solely for informational purposes only;
- The responses from Chatbot shouldn’t be considered as an official Questrade statement of Account, and you’re responsible for determining if the response is applicable to you;
- Questrade is not responsible for any damage or loss you may suffer as a result of Chatbot being unable to provide you with the information that you sought through Chatbot at any time.
4. Your Responsibility
When interacting with Chatbot, you understand and agree that:
- We may monitor and/or record the discussion for our mutual protection and to enhance Chatbot and the quality of our Client service;
- You won’t ask Chatbot questions that include characteristics personal to you or any other personal information (such as things like your contact information or address, ethnicity or country of origin, colour or race, gender or sexual orientation, marital or family status, disability, religion). You understand that any information submitted on Chatbot will be collected, used, accessed, disclosed or stored by our third party provider which may be located outside of Canada (in countries including the United States);
- You agree to protect your login identification, PINs, and other personal banking information and won’t provide these during Chatbot sessions;
- Chatbot may collect device-related information including IP address, mobile device identification number (IMEI) (depending on your mobile device), and other device-related information, such as the make and model of your device, its operating system, and the time and date of your use; and
- You won’t submit, post, or publish any material that may be considered by us to be defamatory, obscene, pornographic, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, illegal, indecent, or otherwise harmful to others. In such a case, or at our discretion for any other reason, we may end Chatbot sessions at any time without prior notice and delete or restrict your access to Chatbot. Questrade won’t be responsible for any direct or indirect damage that someone may claim to suffer in such a circumstance.
5. Limitation of Liability
You acknowledge that Questrade won’t be liable for any losses or damages that you may suffer as result of your use of Chatbot, including if Chatbot is unavailable for any reason.
6. Changing These Terms
You agree that Questrade can amend, modify, change or replace these Chatbot Terms at any time by posting a notice on the Questrade website, without providing you with a prior notice. The new or revised Chatbot Terms are effective and binding on you when we post them. By continuing to use Chatbot after we post the notice of change, you agree to and accept the new or revised Chatbot Terms provided as amended.If you don’t agree to be bound by the modified Chatbot Terms, then you may not use this service anymore. Because this service is evolving over time we may change or discontinue all or any part of this service at any time and without notice, at our sole discretion.
You have expressly requested that these Chatbot Terms and any related documents, including notices, be drawn up in English only. Vous avez expressément exigé que cette Entente et tout document, y compris tout avis, qui s’y rattache, soient rédigés en anglais seulement.
8. Governing Law
These Chatbot Terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Ontario and the applicable laws of Canada. The courts in the Canadian province or territory in which you reside will have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising in connection with these Chatbot Terms. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between the provisions of these Chatbot Terms and the provisions of any other existing Questrade agreements, the provisions of the existing agreements will govern.