|CAD$ electronic fund transfer (EFT) up to $25,000.001 || ||Free |
|USD$ electronic fund transfer (EFT) up to $25,000.001 || ||Free |
|CAD$ wire transfer || ||$20.00 |
|USD$ wire transfer || ||$30.00 |
|International wire transfer || ||$40.00 |
|CAD$ and USD$ uncertified cheque || ||$50.00 |
|Certified cheque2 || ||$75.00 |
|Stop payment || ||$25.00 |
|NSF cheque/returned items || ||$30.00 |
1In order to send an EFT a void cheque from a bank account is required.
2A courier fee of CAD $25.00 within Canada or $30.00 to the U.S. applies if the cheque is not picked up in person. Certified cheques cannot be sent by regular mail.
|Deposit/Withdrawal at Custodian (DWAC)1 || ||$300.00 |
|Certificate re-registration2 || ||$300.00 |
|Rush certificate re-registration2,3 || ||$450.00 |
|Certificate deposit TSX, TSXV, NYSE and NASDAQ
|| ||$300.00 |
|Rush certificate deposit TSX, TSXV, NYSE and NASDAQ3 || ||$400.00 |
|Direct registration statement (DRS) deposit or withdrawal || ||$300.00 |
1DWAC is an electronic book-based deposit from the transfer agent.
2For select securities a Direct Registration Statement (DRS) will be issued. Clients who receive a DRS and who want to obtain a certificate will be responsible for arranging the transaction with the transfer agent.
3Rush certificates are processed on a priority basis.
Questrade no longer accepts OTC BB (over-the-counter bulletin board) and pink sheet stock physical certificates, even if they can be transferred via DWAC.
Trade confirmations & monthly statement fees
|Electronic trade confirmation in myQuestrade1 || ||FREE |
|Electronic monthly statement (eStatement) || ||FREE |
|Copy of trade confirmation2 || ||$20.00 |
|Copy of account statement2 || ||$20.00 |
1Trade confirmations are available right in myQuestrade. All your accounts are automatically registered for the service and you can create your own report filters based on account, date and even by security symbol.
2As of March 11, 2015
|Open an account || ||FREE |
|Close an account || ||FREE |
|Inactivity fee (over $5,000 combined equity) || ||FREE |
|Inactivity fee (under $5,000 combined equity)1 || ||$24.95/quarter |
|Mutual Fund Maximizer processing fee2 || ||$29.95/month |
|Settlement of non-DTC (Depository Trust Company) eligible securities || ||$450.00 |
|Private placement request3 || ||$175.00 |
|Precious metals withdrawal fee4 || ||$75.00 |
|Precious metals storage fee (pooled)5 || ||0.25% of market value |
|Precious metals storage fee (separated)5 || ||1.5% of market value |
|Research request (minimum one hour) || ||$75.00/hr |
|Estate transfer || ||$200.00/account |
|Document retrieval6 || ||$20.00/document |
|Duplicate tax document6 || ||$20.00/tax slip |
|Unclaimed property || ||$29.95/quarter |
1. As of April 1st, 2015, an inactivity fee of $24.95 per quarter is charged to clients with under CAD $5,000 in combined total equity for any quarter in which the client does not complete one commissionable trade. Commissionable trades include free trades or trades made using commission rebates. Combined equity includes all accounts owned by a client, including joint accounts. Clients are exempt if they are 25 years of age or under, or are subscribed to a level 1 (or greater) data package. Charitable organizations are also exempt. If the client trades in the quarter after incurring an inactivity fee, the trades will be commission-free up to $24.95, provided the account remains open at the end of the following quarter. For example, if a client incurs an inactivity fee on July 1st, any trades made in July, August or September will be commission-free up to $24.95.
2. The processing fee is applied against any amount to be rebated and will never exceed the rebated amount. Your account will therefore never be charged a fee for participating in the Mutual Fund Maximizer service. The processing fee is calculated monthly and applied quarterly with a minimum of three months. For more information, please click here.
3. All private placement requests are subject to approval. The fee is charged upon Questrade’s receipt of the request. If a request is rejected, the fee is non-refundable.
4. A shipping fee of USD $30 is charged for each 500oz or $100,000 of gold or silver, whichever is higher, withdrawn from pooled storage (your precious metals are stored together with other clients’ metals). For example, your shipping fee for withdrawing 400oz of gold valued at $150,000 would be USD $60. There is also an insurance fee of USD $4 charged on every $1,000 of gold and USD $7.50 on every $1,000 of silver. If your precious metals are stored separately from other clients’ metals, please contact us for shipping and insurance fees.
5. This is an annual fee, charged monthly.
6. As of March 11, 2015.
Note: Questrade converts currencies and may apply a conversion rate. Any revenue earned is based on the bid and ask spread of the current spot rate market.
Note: QST and HST/GST are added where applicable. All administrative account fees are in the currency of the transaction in which they relate.