Use eSignatures to file your application online, and we’ll start processing your account right away (individual and select registered accounts).
Use online banking and the funds transfer can be completed in 1 to 3 days (most major financial institutions).
Start trading. You can use any platform: Questrade IQ Essential (for tablets), IQ Web (for laptops), IQ Edge (for desktop), and IQ Mobile (for smartphones).
Open two or more accounts at the same time by choosing one of our new packaged accounts:
- Individual margin and FX & CFD
- Individual margin and RRSP
- Individual margin and TFSA
- TFSA and RRSP
- Individual margin, TFSA, and RRSP
What you will need
Opening an account online is easy and it only takes about 20 minutes. In addition to your legal name, residential mailing address and telephone number, you’ll need the following information on hand:
- Social insurance number or social security number
- Email address (we’ll use this address to correspond with you)
- Valid photo ID: driver’s license, passport or citizenship card
- Bank account information
- Employer’s address and telephone number
- Financial information (annual income, liquid and total net worth).
- Alberta residents must be accredited investors to open an FX & CFD account.
- CFD trading for Quebec residents is subject to regulatory approval.
To keep the process as smooth as possible, your computer should have:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Adobe Flash player 10 or higher
- Access to a printer
You’ll get all the information you need to select the best account for your needs.
You can save your application at any time, just login to our secure site on Questrade.com to continue. When you have completed your application, go to myQuestrade (our client portal) to fund your account, select your platform and start trading!
For immediate support online, use live help. Our client services specialists are available Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.